Building & Zoning Dept.
3327 W 137th St, Robbins, IL 60472
Phone - (708) 385-8940 extension 233
Due to the Village Hall Renovation Project, the Building and Zoning Department will be housed temporarily in the Robbins Community Center. Located at 13800 S. Trumbull Ave, Robbins, IL.
BUILDING DEPARTMENT LICENSING REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL CONTRACTORS, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND OR TRADESMEN.
Each license applicant, subcontractor, or tradesperson must provide the following information:
1. A completed application. Only completed applications will be processed.
2. A Certificate of insurance; limits not less than $1,000,000.00 for personal injury and property damage. The Village of Robbins was named as the certificate holder. It is the responsibility of the contractor to provide updates.
Worker’s Compensation - Illinois State Law since 2014.
3. A Surety Bond of $10,000.00 payable to the Village of Robbins includes contractors, subcontractors, and tradespeople, including plumbers, drainlayers, etc. Except - Demolition / Excavating Contractors.
Demolition / Excavating contractors require a $20,000.00 bond.
4. Provide a copy of your driver’s license or state-issued ID.
Contractor Industry Standards Requirements for but not limited to:
1. Electrical Contractors must provide a copy of their Electrical License or their Supervising Electrical License.
2. Plumbing Contractors must provide a copy of their Illinois Department of Public Health Certificate.
3. Roofing Contractors must provide a copy of their State of Illinois Roofing License.
A permit is required for the installation or replacement of Furnaces and or Water Heaters. Call for inspection(s).
* All inspections must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
* A rough inspection is required before the closing of covering walls and ceilings containing electrical and plumbing.
* All concrete/asphalt work requires a pre-inspection.
* The installation or replacement of a water heater.
License and Permits MUST be obtained before starting work, or penalties, fines, and adjudication may apply.
Below are links to important applications required in Robbins.
Complete and drop-off or mail the completed hardcopy form to Robbins Village Hall along with payment. Do not mail cash. Make all money orders and checks payable to The Village of Robbins.
If you have any questions, please contact the Village Hall at (708) 385-8940.
*** Notice: effective August 1st, 2022, transfer stamps will only be issued Tuesday-Thursday between 10am-2pm. ***
PDF FORMS & APPLICATIONS
Diversion Channel Construction
Starting in August of 2022, F.H. Paschen will begin construction on the Midlothian Creek Diversion Channel at the intersection of 135th St. and S. Claire Blvd. this project has an estimated completion date of November 2023. Work on this project includes the development of a diversion channel outfall from the south side of 135th towards the Cal-Sag Channel to the north. The channel will fall between the old Woodlawn Ave and S. Claire Blvd, North of 135th Street.
Work will also include the reconstruction of Woodlawn Ave and the addition of pedestrian recreational paths on the North side of 135th. 135th Street and S. Claire Blvd will remain open in each direction. There will be minimal traffic disruptions, with minor closures throughout the job on both 135th and S. Claire Blvd due to curb and sidewalk rehabilitation.
These partial closures will require flaggers and construction equipment on the roadway. Construction entrances will be utilized and marked with appropriate signage throughout the project duration. Please be aware of possible daily construction traffic on these roadways.
Area of Construction Map
Project Sign Map
The Village of Robbins (Village) is accepting Qualifications from engineering firms that are prequalified by the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) to provide Preliminary (Phase I), Design (Phase II) and Construction (Phase III) Engineering Services for the Claire Boulevard Resurfacing project
Claire Blvd Resurfacing Project
Click here for more information about the Claire Blvd Resurfacing Project.
The Village of Robbins has partnered with Hera Property Registry, LLC to administer its Foreclosure and Vacant Property Registration program. In order to comply with the Ordinance, all Owners/Mortgagees/Trustees must register online via HERA Property Registry and pay a registration fee.
Hera’s Customer Support contact information:
Phone: (321) 234-5303