Building & Zoning Dept.
3327 W 137th St, Robbins, IL 60472
Phone - (708) 385-8940 extension 233
BUILDING DEPARTMENT LICENSING REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL CONTRACTORS, SUBCONTRACTORS, AND OR TRADESMEN.
Each license applicant, subcontractor, or tradesperson must provide the following information:
1. A completed application. Only completed applications will be processed.
2. A Certificate of insurance; limits not less than $1,000,000.00 for personal injury and property damage. The Village of Robbins was named as the certificate holder. It is the responsibility of the contractor to provide updates.
Worker’s Compensation - Illinois State Law since 2014.
3. A Surety Bond of $10,000.00 payable to the Village of Robbins includes contractors, subcontractors, and tradespeople, including plumbers, drainlayers, etc. Except - Demolition / Excavating Contractors.
Demolition / Excavating contractors require a $20,000.00 bond.
4. Provide a copy of your driver’s license or state-issued ID.
Contractor Industry Standards Requirements for but not limited to:
1. Electrical Contractors must provide a copy of their Electrical License or their Supervising Electrical License.
2. Plumbing Contractors must provide a copy of their Illinois Department of Public Health Certificate.
3. Roofing Contractors must provide a copy of their State of Illinois Roofing License.
A permit is required for the installation or replacement of Furnaces and or Water Heaters. Call for inspection(s).
* All inspections must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
* A rough inspection is required before the closing of covering walls and ceilings containing electrical and plumbing.
* All concrete/asphalt work requires a pre-inspection.
* The installation or replacement of a water heater.
License and Permits MUST be obtained before starting work, or penalties, fines, and adjudication may apply.
Below are links to important applications required in Robbins.
Complete and drop-off or mail the completed hardcopy form to Robbins Village Hall along with payment. Do not mail cash. Make all money orders and checks payable to The Village of Robbins.
If you have any questions, please contact the Village Hall at (708) 385-8940.
The CDBG Street Resurfacing Project
The CDBG Street Resurfacing Project is expected to go underway soon. Please view the image of the streets that will be resurfaced and the expected start and completion dates. Plan accordingly to avoid these areas during construction as we expect higher rates of traffic that may cause delays in reaching your destination.
Streets to be resurfaced:
1. Lawndale Ave - Claire Blvd to 137th St.
2. 142nd St. - 141st Street to Hamlin Ave.
3. Grace Ave. - Lydia Ave. to Nelson Ave.
ProChamps Foreclosure Property and Vacant Property Registration Program
The Village of Robbins has partnered with PROCHAMPS.com to administer its foreclosure and vacant property program. In order to comply with the Foreclosure and Vacant Property Registration Ordinance, all owners, mortgagees, and trustees must register online via PROCHAMPS.com and pay the required registration fee. Register with PROCHAMPS.com at the link below.