POSITION: Grant Writer
STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Village Administrator SUPERVISES: None
LOCATION: Village Office
1. Research, develop and write inquiries, letters, proposals, and other fundraising documents.
a. Research and identify potential donors by reviewing government (county, state, federal) and
private sector postings following-up on leads, and analyzing funding reference tools such as
annual reports, and foundation directories.
b. Develop proposal and other request concepts in conjunction with the Village Administrator.
c. Write accurate and interesting inquiries, letters, and proposals requesting funds from
government, individual, corporate, and foundation prospects. Write acknowledgment letters
and reports to corporate and foundation donors.
d. Identify new funders to support Village programs. Meet with program staff to determine funding
needs and program planning.
e. Ensure that all drafts and feedback from staff are completed in a timely manner.
f. Ensure that all submissions and correspondences with staff are completed on time.
2. Track and monitor proposals, their deadlines, and requirements.
a. Maintain a tracking system for grant, renewal, and report deadlines.
b. Monitor results of written requests, such as proposal acceptance rate.
c. Coordinate the efforts of key staff members to ensure that documents are completed by the
3. Maintain accurate computer and hard copy records.
a. Maintain accurate and updated electronic files of donors and prospects including copies of
correspondence, proposals, reports, and notes on significant phone conversations or donor
b. Work with administrative and fiscal staff to ensure that corporate and foundation gifts are
logged into appropriate software.
4. Prepare a monthly content calendar for timely and concise postings on social media.
a. Regularly creates engaging written and visual content to share on social media.
b. Share relevant, timely content on social media.
c. Promote Village of Robbins’ services and programs on social media and Village website.
5. Additional duties.
a. Attend and serve as staff support for fundraising events.
b. Contribute ideas and participate in the planning of department-wide projects and overall
c. Assist with writing for public relations materials including annual reports, newsletters, press
releases, and other publications.
d. Complete regular weekly content updates to the Village website and social media applications. e. Assist in the research and development of the Village of Robbins’ annual needs assessment.
f. Assist in other fundraising and engagement activities, such as presentations, meeting with
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Successfully submit grants by deadlines.
2. Maintain productivity of proposal submissions.
3. Proposals are approved for funding.
4. Perform weekly calendar updates.
5. Schedule posts and maintain social media content calendar.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Knowledge of municipal government planning is preferred.
3. Strong organizational, interpersonal, computer, and research skills.
4. Ability to write an accurate, compelling narrative that uses grammar and spelling correctly.
5. Ability to multitask and perform under deadlines and changing schedules.
6. Ability to organize and balance project budgets.
7. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
HR PROCEDURAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Legal authorization to work in the United States
2. A valid Illinois Driver’s license with a clean record and access to an insured automobile
Must be able to materially perform the task normally associated with the position including but not limited to: ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Please complete the Employment Application if you are interested in working for the Village of Robbins. The Employment Application can be printed, completed, and submitted digitally or returned to the Village Hall at 3327 W. 137th St, Robbins, IL. The application is available to be printed below.